St. Patrick Justice Ministry PEACE
WHAT IS THE ST. PATRICK JUSTICE MINISTRY NETWORK - PEACE
PEACE stands for People Engaged in Active Community Efforts - an organization made up of congregations from throughout Palm Beach County. Founded in 1991, we use the power of large numbers of organized people to solve critical community problems. We are not a direct service provider, rather we are a grassroots, direct action, multi-issue organization.
PEACE VISION FOR JUSTICE MINISTRY
Micah 6:8 provides a clear list of requirements for God's people and this is the base of our vision for justice ministry
"You have been told, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord requires of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God.
HOW DOES PEACE WORK?
PEACE follows a yearly process that focuses on building and strengthening a Justice Ministry Network in each member congregation. In the Fall, Team Members host HOUSE MEETINGS to discuss community problems and engage participants as Network Members. From November through March, Issue Committees are formed to conduct research into the problems, and ultimately come up with specific winnable solutions. The Nehemiah Action held in April gathers thousands of members to ask public officials to implement these solutions. After the Nehemiah Action Network Members are invited to a closing Celebration.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF A NETWORK MEMBER
1- ATTEND to the 4 PEACE ASSEMBLIES OF THE YEAR:
The Community Problems assembly October 28, 2017
- The Rally – March 12, 2018
- The Nehemiah Action – April 16, 2018
- The Justice Ministry Celebration – May 22, 2018
2 -BRING AT LEAST 3 PEOPLE TO THE NEHEMIAH ACTION
3- CONSIDER A SERIOUS FINANCIAL INVESTMENT IN OUR JUSTICE MINISTRY
WHAT COMMUNITY PROBLEMS IS PEACE CURRENTLY WORKING IN?
2- IDS AND DEPORTATIONS
3- YOUTH ARREST AND CIVIL CITATIONS
WHAT CONGREGATIONS ARE MEMBERS OF PEACE?
* First Congregational United Church of Christ of Lake Worth * First Holiness Church of God
* First Unitatian Univeralist Congregation of the Palm Beaches * Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church
* Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church * Pentecostal Church of God in Christ
* Mt. Zion AME Church * St. Andrew Episcopal Church
* St. Ann Catholic Church * St. Christopher Episcopal Church
* St. John First Missionary Church * St. Juliana Catholic Church
* St. Mary Catholic Church * St. Patrick Catholic Church
* St. Peter Catholic Church * St. Patrick Episcopal Church
* Tabernacle Baptist Church * Union Congregational United Church of Christ
* Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Boca Raton
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ST. PATRICK JUSTICE MINISTRY NETWORK PLEASE CONTACT
TONI PARKER- 561-308-1694 email: [email protected]
MADELAINE DOYLE 562-531-2103 email: [email protected]