“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Preparation for First Holy Communion at St Patrick's typically begins in the 1st Grade and concludes in May of the 2nd Grade after two academic years of preparation. If you or your child do not fit into this description please contact Miss Meagan to arrange their preparation. These Sacraments mark two very important steps a child’s faith journey. The Sacrament of Reconciliation gives us the opportunity to experience the great love and mercy of God by assuring us of the forgiveness of Jesus. In Holy Communion, Jesus Himself comes to us. He is present body, blood, soul and divinity under the appearance of bread and wine! In this great Sacrament we experience union with God and with our brothers and sisters more closely than anywhere else on earth.
Faith Formation Curriculum:
We are excited to be using Dynamic Catholic’s Blessed: First Reconciliation and First Communion preparation program. Every child deserves an unforgettable First Communion and First Reconciliation experience. Each class session brings the faith to life in a way no other sacramental prep program has ever done before and inspires children to be lifelong Catholics. For more information about First Reconciliation please click here
First Communion, for Catholic Schools:
Friday June 4, 2021, 5:30 PM
Immediately following Mass, a professional photographer will take a class photo. If you want a family picture, we will call the families to the front of the church one by one. Pictures will be posted on the photographer's website within 24 hours. You may place your orders directly with the photographer using the order form that will be provided to you that day.
- Students must wear a mask.
- White or Off White Dresses (should not be shorter than their knees)
- NO Spaghetti Strap Dresses (Shoulders should be covered by either sleeves or a sweater)
- White or Silver Shoes (NO Flip Flops)
- NO corsages, gloves, or purses during the Mass. (please have a parent hold them during the Mass.)
- Veils are optional.
- Dress Pants (White or Black)
- Dress Shoes (White or Black)
- Button Down Long Sleeve Shirt with Collar (White or Black)
- Jacket, Vest, and Tie are optional (White or Black)